About AERODIUM Technologies:
Jean St. Germain founded AERODIUM in Canada in 1979 by building the first vertical wind tunnel for human flight. The company was acquired by AERODIUM Latvia in 2008 with the current headquarters in Riga, Latvia. Today they are the only company that manufactures a full range of tunnel types – open flow, wall-to-wall (open flow), recirculating, and custom design - all of which have been successfully built in various locations around the world.
In addition to traditional tunnel installations, AERODIUM has created a market for wind tunnel rentals. These applications are perfect for marketing events as well as shows and performances. Highlights include:
- Torino Winter Olympic Games Closing Ceremony of 2006, a flight show seen by millions.
- A recirculating tunnel was built for the World Expo along with three open tunnels on the roof of the pavilion for night shows in 2009.
- Custom tunnel built into a stage of a traveling Peter Pan musical.
- Custom tunnel on a movie set for the filming of the final fight of Jackie Chan’s movie “Chinese Zodiac”.
- “Sweetness Simulator” at the Chicago NFL Draft in 2015.
- Gravity Indoor Skydiving features the tallest glass flight chamber in the world at 12 m/ 39.4 ft. Opened in 2015
- A custom designed 4.3 m /14 ft recirculating tunnel with no walls was built for Shanghai Disney Resort as part of the stage at the Pirates of the Caribbean show: Eye of the Storm: Captain Jack’s Stunt Spectacular in 2016.
- Built the world's largest vertical wind tunnel, AERODIUM Peryton, used for the filming of "Mission Impossible: Fallout"
AERODIUM aspires to bring the joy of indoor skydiving emphasizing on overall tunnel design and atmosphere to create an unique concept making the experience not only interesting, but as an unforgettable adventure to flyers - (first time and pro-flyers) and spectators alike.
- Cooperation Options - Outright sales; Franchise; License
- Military - Specialized work for military customers.
- Rental – for temporary locations, seasonal rental, events, movies and shows
- Other Services – Installation, supervision, training (technical and operational), maintenance, IT system
- AERODIUM also works with clients on custom designed tunnels for permanent shows.
Tunnel Types Offered:
Open-air wind tunnels for public entertainment, shows, and marketing events. Indoor integration possible.
Sizes from 6.9 - 18 ft diameter
Season-independent indoor tunnels for public entertainment, professional indoor skydiving, military training, and large scale shows.
Sizes from 9 - 17.1 ft diameter
Wind tunnels for unique applications built on a per-project basis.
Sizes & Prices depending on application.
AERODIUM Technologies Wind Tunnels (34)
Open to the Public
|Status||Tunnel Name||Country||Size||Opened / Opening||Tunnel Type|
|AERODIUM Athens||Greece||9ft (2.8m)||Late 2020||Open Flow|
|AERODIUM Bulgaria||Bulgaria||9ft (2.8m)||2010||Propeller Below|
|AERODIUM CuanQi World||China||9ft (2.8m)||Early 2019||Open Flow|
|AERODIUM Disneyland Shanghai||China||14ft (4.3m)||June, 2016||Recirculating|
|AERODIUM Egypt||Egypt||6.9ft (2.1m)||Sept, 2017||Open Flow|
|AERODIUM in Indonesia||Indonesia||12ft (3.7m)||2016||Open Flow|
|AERODIUM in South Korea||South Korea||16.4ft (5m)||2015||Recirculating|
|AERODIUM Israel||Israel||9ft (2.8m)||Late 2020||Open Flow|
|AERODIUM Kish Island||Iran||9.8ft (3m)||Late 2020||Recirculating|
|AERODIUM Macau||China||14ft (4.3m)||Mid 2020||Recirculating|
|AERODIUM Mirabel||Canada||10ft (3.1m)||2015||Propeller Below|
|AERODIUM Morocco||Morocco||14ft (4.3m)||2017||Recirculating|
|AERODIUM Oldenzaal||Netherlands||N/A||Late 2020||Recirculating|
|AERODIUM Sevilla||Spain||9ft (2.8m)||Oct, 2019||Propeller Below|
|AERODIUM Sigulda||Latvia||9ft (2.8m)||2005||Propeller Below|
|AERODIUM Slovenia||Slovenia||12ft (3.7m)||2015||Open Flow|
|AERODIUM Smasy Park Cheongna||South Korea||10ft (3.1m)||Late 2020||Recirculating|
|AERODIUM Ukraine||Ukraine||12ft (3.7m)||Late 2020||Recirculating|
|AERODIUM Wuzhizhou Island||China||6.9ft (2.1m)||Late 2017||Propeller Below|
|Army of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia||Saudi Arabia||11ft (3.4m)||2007||Propeller Below|
|Army of Libya||Libya||14ft (4.3m)||2010||Open Flow|
|Copenhagen Air Experience||Denmark||12ft (3.7m)||2009||Open Flow|
|Fly-4 Real||Spain||9ft (2.8m)||May, 2019||Open Flow|
|Flyaway||USA||12ft (3.7m)||1982||Propeller Below|
|Flying Dream||China||9ft (2.8m)||Early 2016||Open Flow|
|Fritz's AERODIUM||USA||9ft (2.8m)||Jun, 2018||Open Flow|
|Gravity Indoor Skydiving||Bahrain||14ft (4.3m)||2015||Recirculating|
|Sirius Sport Resort||Finland||14ft (4.3m)||2013||Recirculating|
|SkyFly Camel Republic||Thailand||9ft (2.8m)||2014||Propeller Below|
|Special Forces of Pakistan||Pakistan||11ft (3.4m)||2009||Propeller Below|
|SuperFlight||USA||9ft (2.8m)||Jun, 2018||Open Flow|
|Vegas Indoor Skydiving||USA||12ft (3.7m)||1982||Propeller Below|
|Xtremo||Mexico||8.2ft (2.5m)||2016||Propeller Below|
|Yangon Indoor Skydiving||Myanmar||12ft (3.7m)||Oct, 2017||Open Flow|