The Sakura Cup Invitational
March 31, 2018 to April 1, 2018
FlyStation Japan and Dynamic Flying come together to present The Sakura Cup Invitational.
"After over a year break, spent making dynamic an FAI-sanctioned event with official World Champion titles, we are back organizing our very own competition! This competition will be special. Eight teams in D4W and 8 teams in D2W will be invited to Japan for a week to compete. Their flights, accommodation, entry fees and 1H of training time will be covered. The goal is to set a standard and initiate a yearly event, leading up to 2020, when we plan to host a competition at the same time as the Olympics, in an effort to bring dynamic closer to this dream!"
Training: March 26th - 30th
Competition: March 31st - April 1st
Competitors are encouraged to arrive early or stay longer to enjoy Japan.
This is a 2 way and 4 way Dynamic Flying competition. The same rules and divepool as the upcoming 2017 World Championship in Canada will be used.
There will be freestyle performances as demonstration, not part of the competition. Flyers who are interested in putting on a show, may send an application too.
Rules and information for the competition can be found on the Dynamic Flying website.
The hosts will be selecting 8 teams in D4W and 8 teams in D2W. If there is more interest than this, considerations opening the competition to more teams are available. Flights and accommodations will only be covered for the first 8 teams in each.
Once you are selected, you have 2 weeks to buy your plane tickets, and you will be reimbursed immediately. If you wait longer, a budget will be allocated to you based on where you’re coming from. Applications must be submitted by August 20th to firstname.lastname@example.org
The following information must be included with an application:
- team name / team members names
- brief presentation of the team and each members including:
- Years in the sport.
- Experience indoor and outdoor flying (hours-ish of flying / jump number / type of flying).
- Previous competition results.
- training plan for the year :
- Do you have any competition planned this year that you are already training for?
- How many hours will you train for this competition (total training time from date of application till Sakura cup, including training time for other competitions)?
- Are you supported by a tunnel / entity (if so, provide us with a letter from said tunnel or entity on how many hours they will be supporting you with)
- Will you get more training time on top of sponsored time and how much ?
- Are you going to get team coaching, and if yes by whom?
- Do you have an alternate flyer in case one team member cannot attend the event after you’ve been selected?
- your motivation to be part of the event.
- 1 picture of each team member + 1 picture of the team if available.
The criteria that the event organizers will be looking at:
- Seriousness and realism of the training plan (very important)
- How long the team has been together or its members been competing / flying dynamic (level of experience as a team and as individuals, level of dedication to the dynamic adventure)
- Variety of geographical origin.
We want reliable teams, from all over the world, that will carry out training throughout the year, make it to the event, put on a fierce fight and an amazing show, and help us keep writing this dynamic story with passion and positive attitude!
Please see the event website for full information: https://flystation.jp/sakura-cup/en/
Travel & Accommodation
Haneda Airport (50km)
Book Nearby Hotels via Booking.com: